Assist students with:
- Understanding the respective major programs
- General education, foundation, and major coursework
- Schedule/course planning
- Transfer evaluations
- Adding majors and minors
- First and final stop for senior degree check
- Adjustments to UAccess advisement program requirement reports
- Interpretation and providing advice regarding policies and procedures
- Faculty Advisor assignments
- help you identify and explore career options, and help you develop a plan for reaching long term goals;
- encourage you to take advantage of college success strategies and resources to help you reach academic goals;
- promote exploration of experiential-learning experiences and on-campus experiences to develop interpersonal and leadership skills, and explore career goals;
- promote your ability to think critically, solve problems, and make informed decisions about your future life plans;
- serve as mentors by providing personal guidance, support, and advocacy; and
- refer you to additional campus professionals who can also coach you in specific areas of development.
Contact an Academic Advisor
- Contact the CBC Advisor (listed in the column to the left) with questions or to schedule an appointment. Walk-in hours available (below).
- Faculty Advisors for BIOC majors provide advising and approval on independent study, directed research, and senior capstone options. Biochemistry faculty can also provide professional and graduate school advising.
- BIOC majors are assigned a Faculty Advisor in their second year after completing BIOC 296b.
- Majors: contact your CBC Advisor (listed in the column to the left) with questions or to schedule an appointment. Walk-in hours available (below).
In addition to BIOC and CHEM programs, the following programs are available on the UA campus to students:
What To Do To Get Admitted to Medical and Graduate School - Video presentation by Marc Tischler
- Appointments for minors are generally not necessary. Most questions can be answered on a walk-in basis (below) or through email. Your major advisor can add the BIOC/CHEM minor. We do not require that you meet with us to add the minor.
- If, after consulting the requirements | online | for your catalog year, you still have questions, please email the respective CBC Academic Advisor (listed in the column on the left).
- Megan Cunnington, Senior Academic Advisor I: Old Chemistry, Rm 210B. Check Wise Advising scheduler HERE (also for appointments). Walk-ins are available 9am-noon on Mondays. Walk-in hours may sometimes be unavailable due to events, meetings, etc., so please check the Wise Advising Scheduler to verify availability
- Christine Gronowski, Academic Advisor I: Old Chemistry, Rm 210C. Check Wise Advising scheduler HERE (also for appointments). Walk-ins are available 8:30am-4pm on Thursdays. Walk-in hours may sometimes be unavailable due to events, meetings, etc., so please check the Wise Advising Scheduler to verify availability